Monday, March 26, 2007

love the weather...hate the neighborhood

I'm really starting to like this blogging thing. This weekend was nice, but lazy. I think I could/should have seen some patients on Saturday, but since I saw them all the week before and got a great chance to relax a little, I'm not feeling as bad. I also got to take advantage of Matt signing us up for the Blockbuster Total Access thingy. I watched The Break-up and Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead Man's Chest. Okay, so we own Pirates, but I hadn't watched it in several weeks so I was due. As for The Break-up, eh, I've seen better. There were excellent parts and I could completely relate to the mind games she was pulling, but I didn't care for the ending. It made me sad.
With the weather so beautiful yesterday I was excited to finally remove the plastic from our windows. Though the weathermen/women say we shouldn't get too excited about the wonderful 70s we've been experiencing, I can't help but be optomistic toward warmth. As with any first warm weekend, everything and everyone came out of the woodwork...and I mean everything! I did take a few minutes to get Sydne down to the park, figuring she'd growl and scare certain people in case they thought about being naughty (but I still had the cell phone in my back pocket just in case). It gave me even more incentive to get the heck out of this neighborhood. Last year we got a beautiful gazebo with fresh paint and great detail. That detail has now been "enhanced" with spray paint and shitty writings. It is really sad when I fuss that the city could use spraypaint resistant paint on the buildings. I can only imagine how much more calm Sydne will be when she gets her own house, with her own yard and NO DRUG DEALERS! Or at least if they are drug dealers, they'll be stay-at-home Moms dealing ritalin.

No comments: