Friday, March 23, 2007

growing up (within reason)

I talked to my step-mom tonight and admitted I knew about the impending "bundle of joy." It was a fun conversation talking with her. Maybe I'm getting better at dealing; maybe I'm growing up...nah. Then again, this was only conversation number one and I got to call her "Granny Jo" and she laughed. Let's see what happens when I do that every time I talk to her. I am happy for her, too, I guess. She's really excited and I don't blame her. My mom would be, too, and I think my dad would crumble like a leaf at the first sight of a baby. He's a total softy.
On a very, very unintentional, yet gloating, way I am proud of myself for being so nice to her and I think I might be growing up a little bit. Then again, it could just be a momentary lapse of consciousness. Either way, I'll take it.

No comments: