Friday, September 23, 2011

Keeping busy

It doesn't seem to matter how much time I think I have, I alwasy seem to be too busy to do everything I would like. I work, I craft, I clean...well, sort of. But that's the fun part of life, right? A messy house filled with smiles means my focus is on the important things.
I can't believe how much has changed in 3 years. And next month, the munchkin goes to a new school, a Montessori school. While I am excited for the opportunity for her, it is bittersweet. She will leave the place she has gone for 3 years. Though many of those connections have changed, most graduating and moving away, there are some that have strengthened and formed into amazing friendships (revolving around my munchkin). They love her and I love them for loving her.
So with all the crafting going in, it keeps me busy. Keeps me from focusing on how quickly time has passed and continues to rapidly race to the next minute, hour, day...year.
Looking back at all that has happened in the 7 years we've been here. First, it's hard to believe it's been 7 years, but in some ways I see the changes. Perhaps they show up in my wardrobe and (slightly) larger pants sizes (I'm okay with it. I have a kid); perhaps they show in the additional "pigment-free" hairs that pop from my head. But the last 3? They're on the face on my munchkin who grows bigger, stronger and smarter every day. And, while I wish I could find that stupid pause button, I know it will hide and I will have to remember in pictures, in memories, in the changes she makes. But it's good and I don't mind keeping busy when it makes my heart smile.

No comments: