Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bummer-ish Birthday

My birthday was less than exciting. I guess that's what happens when Matt's out of town and very little else happens. The happy caveat for me was being taken to lunch by Brian, Ann and Stephanie. Still the diappointment was there, I have to admit. I was a little bummed out that there was no sign on my door (as usually occurs for birthdays in my department). Then again, I haven't had a sign on my door since BB left. There were no treats brought in my honor. And, while I didn't expect anything special for me, the fact that banners have been placed on doors this week makes me a little sad.
Dinner consisted of yummy take-home Chinese with my baby and then off to bed. I realize it wasn't a major birthday, but a solo birthday wasn't a desire either. I think it would have been better had I known that Matt was auditioning having advanced. Oh, well. If that's the worst thing that happens, I'm in pretty good shape.

No comments: